We at BNA Consulting have years of experience and full working knowledge of the CIS scheme and can offer CIS clients a full, efficient and prompt accountancy service for very reasonable fees supported by both English and Russian speaking accountants in London.
BNA Consulting has many CIS related services:
- Online verification of subcontractors
- Electronic filing of contractor’s monthly returns
- Submission of annual returns
Under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), contractors deduct money from a sub contractor’s payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). This is where BNA Consulting comes in to provide you with support as the deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and National Insurance. BNA Consulting can provide you with advice on how to register for the scheme. Both for Contractors who have to and for Subcontractors who don’t have to register, but deductions are taken from their payments at a higher rate if they’re not registered, BNA Consulting offers the right service to accommodate for any possible mishaps with support from both English and Russian speaking accountants.
BNA Consulting has dealt with many cases related to CIS and therefore always aims to inform its clients on who counts as a contractor or subcontractor.
You should register as a contractor if you either pay subcontractors for construction work or your business doesn’t run a construction orient work environment buy you spend an average of more than £1 million a year on construction in any 3-year period.
On the other hand, you should register as a subcontractor if you do construction work for a contractor. We at BNA Consulting recommend that you should register as both if you fall under both categories.
CIS covers most construction work to a permanent or temporary building or structure civil engineering work like roads and bridges. One must be informed and know that for the purpose of CIS, construction work includes:
- preparing the site, such as laying foundations and providing access works
- demolition and dismantling
- installing systems for heating, lighting, power, water and ventilation
- cleaning the inside of buildings after construction work
- building work
- alterations, repairs and decorating
In addition to our experience, we at BNA Consulting know that you don’t have to register if you do one of the following jobs:
- scaffolding hire (with no labour)
- architecture and surveying
- making materials used in construction including plant and machinery
- delivering materials
- carpet fitting